You can also play Dark Warriors on
Back to post list
Back a step

TopNotch_Smurf

[+1] [-1]

Subject: the OS's
arent all that different mate just

I have been on the same $400 PC for 5 years of web browsing and general use, use a PC and a Mac at work, different apps. No, I'm not saying that PC is better, but rather that I have the knowledge(very limited) to keep it running at a respectable speed. Upgraded to vista and was not pleased, but still not really a hassle. No, I have not spent 90% of my time fixing errors. 6)There are different applications. If you are going to be editing video mostly then go with a Mac. If you are doing web design, go PC. PC released the Microsoft Office series for mac. Mac has not released Final Cut for windows? Why is that? In conclusion, if what you want is a cheap machine that works OK, go PC. I could buy 2 of my laptops and more for the price of the cheapest Mac. If you want a medium to very expensive computer that performs the basic functions or is good for basic computing, graphics, music, and video editing, choose a Mac. If you want a top of the line, truly blazing computer(gamers,adobe, cad), then your only choice is PC. MAC users say that there are no viruses, spyware, etc. that can effect the OS. This is not true in any way, programs have to be set to effect the system so it can work properly, yes that means harmful programs. Another thing is I believe(not sure) is tah windows let out there codes so that other companies can use the OS for their program to boost clients and the OS users by having a larger supply of programs out there and this leads to virsus. Anbody that can use a computer can say that a majority of users use a windows OS so it is more effective to make the program that effects the major OS.Also you can not compare a MAC to a PC becuase MACs are not pretty toys they are very much needed by designers so they are built better than the cheaper PC. The main reasons to get a PC are 1) most other people will require you to use windows becuase that is what they have and a MAC and PC can not be compatible when pulling up anything when created on a different OS and most people have windows yes i know you can have windows put on ypur MAC but at a heafty cost non the least(its true and i will say that both OS are good i just prefer windows because i am a gamer) 2) If you have a MAC you normally have to live a life of adapters and adapters can range from 5 dollars up to 100 depending on what you need. 3) the average computer buyer does not need anything fancy and that is what a MAC is(supped up computer and you can make a PC one to) and you can cut the cost buy buying a PC, people say there is not difference but there is because PC suppliers make computers for everyone so they start out for the basic user for internet and word access only so they want need the other stuff to make it ultra fast. Last my mom has had a crappy dell for almost 8 years and it has only recently been getting viruses and for the recored due to a storm i replaced the power supply and only reformated it once to quickly fix her computer problems and she has never had a fee virsus scan program and it does fine for her and she is the average user. So go PC if you are lost and if you know what i am talking about do a custom bulid and not worry about anything that concerns MAC and use XP or windows 7 only after 2009 ends so people can update there equipment to work with the OS.

Time Posted: October 28 2009 08:54 am EDT
Last updated: December 3 2009 09:24 pm EST

Replies:

Add reply:
Subject:
Body: