You can also play Dark Warriors on
Back to post list
Back a step

TopNotch_Smurf

[+1] [-1]

Subject: Further more
The answer is simple...if you don't like the new versions of Windows and you want less glitz and less intrusiveness you can always go back to Windows 9x...or don't leave Windows XP.

For people who don't like change you have options. You can stick with what you have or go further back in time. Or you can grin and bare it with Linux...even OSX is a bit glitzy compared to Mac's older offerings.

What these writers fail to realize is you don't have to give up XP to have Windows 7. Vista is a great OS. For those who loathe it most...are simply those who tried to be cheap and not upgrade hardware. Neither Vista nor 7 offer major leaps over XP as far as working with Appz...there biggest ups were the changes in the UI. 7 especially has features to make using the UI better and faster, The gadgets bar was never intrusive. All you have to do was go to the options and tell it to try behind your appz. How hard is that to do? UAC...if it bothers u that much...turn it off. How hard is that? In the business world...MSFT doesn't have to deal with petty ass preference for a single user. They do things that give a global perspective where the benefits is based on working....not playing. For those who want an OS to tinker with...and play with...use linux. Windows is for those who want to get down to doing. I seldom use the OS itself for anything other than hosting appz. I am indifferent to Windows features. However Vista and 7 are certainly more pleasing to the eyes than any OS before it and i the reason I moved to Vista and am moving to Windows 7. I am not using 7 for any major reason.I do fell 7 makes doing tasks more pleasurable because of the eye-candy. But yes it is no huge deal over XP. The majority of my XP appz work fine. And the ones that didn't were very old anyway. I prefer having new with the new.

And here is something u all don't realize. When you refuse to upgrade you cause problems for the rest of us. Example...Windows XO is using what will very soon be 10 year old code. Is a 10 year old OS worth MSFT wasting its time patching for decade after decade? NO. MSFT is out to make money. They are a software giant. They update Windows to keep the trend of making sure ur PC can hand new technologies. If you dont need new things than stick with teh old. But as time go by you open yourself and others to bigger problems. MSFT will not patch older cause against security threats. That is what new code if for. As hackers get advanced at hacking...MSFT has to fight back. Yes Windows is attacked more...duh...is also more popular. Just like the cars that are stolen most are those that are most popular. Popularity has it drawbacks on some level...but Windows certainly has way more benefits. . If Windows isn't secure enough for you, get a Mac or get Linux. See if your life will be so much better. If so than good for you. I have a Linux PC...I dont' use it beyond a firewall. I have OSX, I don't use it beyond some video/audio editing - as that si all its worth for my usage. Windows has it all and bec of that and the fact some ppl get paid money to hack WIndows....u certainly have to deal with a lil bad. But is it really as bad as the media try to pawn it off? NO> They on;y give you have truth. How many writers who speak so against Windows ever talk about the full truths. There are ppl who don't like the success NSFT has had with Windows. If Apple ir IBM ir Oracle had their way, they;d all be in MSFT shoes and we all would simply be playing the same soap opera just with different faces and names. Just like 90210...same BS show...different players in the game.

It is amazing how many have been using Windows since Windows 1.x and have had very little to know problem and knows the benefits of Windows outways its few flaws. Only pundits who really dont get it bash WIndows at every turn. Fact: ALL SOFTWARE IS INHERENTLY BUGGY. The question is...is that software u have worth hacking? Hackers feel OSX is not...why? Because OSX isn't used in the types of business where considerable downtime means a huge lost in money. Music and Video has gain prominence because of the abilities of the computer...not someone boring ideas. Because of computers making movies can be done faster and made to look better...music can be made to sound better. You ever hear how some people who swear they can sing sound without computers? Britney Spears sounds horrible...

Hackers are trying to gain control of computers that work with the type of data that could help them either reap monetary benefits...or hold someone hostage.

Windows is use in places where valuable data is stored. If Macs were used in a bank...I wouldn't bank with that bank. Imagine what would happen if someone got the data for bank account. They could transfer money...what about the one guy who did bust in a Unix server at Visa and the got Bill Gates credit card number and bought some stuff...he got caught...look at what companies whose servers have been compromised...like Facebook. And they use Unix. If someone wants in bad enough they will find or pay for a way in. When was the last time you you heard MSFT get exploited at their headquarters?

Time Posted: November 4 2009 10:36 pm EST
Last updated: November 4 2009 10:37 pm EST

Add reply:
Subject:
Body: