You can also play Dark Warriors on
Back to post list
Back a step

Mr_Business

[+1] [-1]

Subject: [ Graphic Demonstration ]
The Outpost is a mini game in the game where you can build and gain tokens / attack others outpost and win tokens, But be careful. You may also loose tokens if your no match for the enemy.

Time for Development: High
Pay out: High
Cost for Development: Low - High

-----------------

The outpost can be confusing but with knowledge of every element you can easily get an understanding of what you must do to achieve great benefits.

Lets start with units. There are two kinds of units; Ranged and Melee

Ranged:
Defense: High Offense: low
These soldiers have an aura of influence which includes its surrounding 8 squares/ 9 including the one in which hes standing on.

Melee:
Defense: Low Offense: High

These units are effective at attacking but they have little influence on your outpost as their aura points is equal to 1 (the square they stand on.)

++++++
Moving on

Mines: Mines are used to gather tokens.
Farms: Farms are required to hold your units count.
Outpost barn: This is the actual outpost barn. This is where production for you men, farms, and and mines take place.

How It works:

Statistics
-Post level = level of outpost / when you upgrade your level, units will cost more ore and tokens but will have greater attack and defense. I advise staying at level 1.

- Attack = Number of attack points

- Defense= Number of defensive points

- Population = Your number of units

- Tokens = Number of tokens you currently have

- Turn = Number of turns you have to attack others outpost

- Farms = Number of farms you have being used/ " Your farm count must be equal to or more than your population or you will starve your units!!!"

- Mines= Number of mines being worked on.

- Post = production points for building. / The higher the number, the faster you can make units, farms, and mines. Production points are counted as x amount of point per 1 hour so you will want to always have units on your production to build faster.
See TIPS at the bottom

Notice:
- This is just for your understanding, Do not leave you outpost looking like this or you will lose units. Please wait for the end of the tutorial to see how a good outpost should look.

- In this demonstration, I will use ONLY RANGED.

- Squares can be effected by any number of units aura

- Pictures below were taken from another ogn game but functionality is the same.

a

Here we have a bare outpost with 1 mine and 1 farm. No units are effecting the outpost barn, farm, or mine. Therefore we have Farm +0 , Mines +0 , post +0

b

We moved a ranged unit to the lower right corner, There for we get +1 for out post production. note how the red aura lets you know what area will be effected.

c

We moved the same guy up. his aura is effecting two places on the outpost.

d

We moved him up again and hes now effecting +2 outpost and +1 farm

e

We moved him on top of the farm, so he now effects +1 farm, +1 mine, +2 post production

f

In this case we have two men effecting the corners so i have +2 post production

g

In this example, one unit is effecting 2 post production squares. the second unit is effecting 1 post production square. Hence +3 outpost

h

Here Is a typical setup for your outpost in its early stages. Starting from the unit over the farm, hes effecting the farm hes on 2 square of post production, and a mine to his left. Notice that the two top units are effecting the same thing. 1 farm, 1 mine, 2 post production squares. The lower two are effecting all 4 production squares, 1 mine, and 1 farm each. thus we get Farm +4, Mines+4, +12 production points

test

Can you calculate the number of mines, farms, and production points?
(answers revealed at the bottom)

------
Tips:

Production Points-
Post production point max at 32 however. even at 32 it will take 4 hours to reach 100 or 100%
Example: 32 (production points) * 3 (hours) = 96 point after 3 hours. Not enough to finish the job. so you must wait another hour to finish. Therefore, get +25 post production points (25 *4 = 100 ), put other men on farms and mines.

ANSWER:

FARM +3 MINES+3 POST +12

Created by Mr_Business at Clan: MAGESOTERICA "Where Mages unite"

Time Posted: December 25 2009 06:00 am EST
Last updated: December 28 2009 09:01 am EST

Replies:

Add reply:
Subject:
Body: