You can also play Dark Warriors on
Back to post list
Back a step

Pilou

[+1] [-1]

Subject: well
there is a whole article explaining how the world is NOT going to end in the following publication: Natuur-Wetenschap&Techniek, November 2009. It's in Dutch but I saw traductions of it in English on the web a bit everywhere.

It explains

- what is going to happen on December 21th 2012 (position of the sun) and how usual that is (happens twice a year, and once a few thousands years if you want to be edgy on December 21)

- how the date is probably wrong anyway, and how current predictions state that the end of Maya calenders should rather be in 2220 -that is, 208 years later - and I'm pretty sure I'll be dead by then.

- how bloody complicated Maya calenders are (4 different calenders to mesure time) and how difficult it is with Spanish destructions to read and understand them properly

- how cyclic they are. So at the end of the 'long cycle', they probably started a new cycle again, that's all. Nothing to worry about.

On a personal basis, I think that Maya were on the decline and had enough on their hands already to start bothering calculating a new cycle. In difficult periods, people tend to be more interested by food and meds than by star positions.

So on that date...I'll probably be late for Christmas shopping and wondering why the hell I did not buy gifts earlier, that's all.

ps: nice siggy you have !

No Signature

Time Posted: February 4 2010 02:25 pm EST
Last updated: February 7 2010 08:28 am EST

Replies:

Add reply:
Subject:
Body: