You can also play Dark Warriors on
Back to post list
Back a step

MR_Business

[+1] [-1]

Subject: Eclass/non-eclass skills: How to know when to swit
Some of you have noticed that the regualar class skills are doing as much damage or more damage then your eclass skill your doing. This is because with your power your regular skill is more powerful (of course) but as you get stronger, your eclass skill will do more power because your normal skills have a damper to them. so in other words after you get x amount of strength, you might do better going with the eclass skill then the basic skill. to show what i mean, ice touch is very powerful and wont miss nor decay (and its 100% wisdom) however, the more wisdom i get the less the amount of damage per wisdom/magic. This means im starting to top off on that skill. it does increase the damage done but not at a steady incline. there is actually a slope for damage per hit you do. This information was gathered while trying to figure an equation to predict damage of ice touch over a stat based of 300 - 500 wisdom. It turned out that at 300 wisdom, i was doing 1.6 damage per magic and at around 1.52 damage per magic at 500 magic. thus damage per magic decreases as your over all damage per hit increases. with this being said, at some point my ice touch wont be as worth of a skill as say an imaginary level 120 level skill. This might be hard to swallow but look at ice shower.
Ice shower is very strong for new players. the best skill in the game at that level to be exact for wisdom mages. however you will notice a great decrease in your damage increase after you hit your like 30, 30,30 ,30 what ever. ice shower is governed by an equation that has a slope as it will do more damage then imperium might do UNTIL your wisdom is so high that ice shower is too diminished to see noticeable gains in damage.

Relating this back to eminence class, its not about the level its more about your ability to use that skill with the stats you have. to find where this threshold is, you must record your attacks damage INCREASE per stat every time you get stronger. after 10 - 15 records you will be able to build an equation to find the slope of your damage which decreases over time as you get stronger out of the skills level.
then compare the eclass skill damage per stat to your current skills damage per stat and find the intersect of the 2 slopes. the intercept is where you will find that point where the eclass skill will do more damage.

P.S. Most of you will say the hell with that and just do what you have to do. but if you're into math and like the challenge then go for it. As a little hint most skills won't do the same damage every hit you will will have to do averages such as like this:

1. a) make a few attacks. (id say 10 attacks)
b) make an average on those attacks
c) divide that average by the amount of stat points you have. (say strength for 100% strength based attacks.)
*** this is how much damage your doing per ap**
2. wait till your strength increase by a few ap
3. repeat steps 1 and 2 about 10 times (yeah i know...)

4. at this point you will have a list of how much damage your doing per ap which you will need to record. with your 10 numbes from line 1c, you will notice a difference in how much damage your doing per ap with that skill. This is your slope and its easier if you know how to make graphs.

5. well this is where you take your eminece class skill and do the same as above if its 100% strength based. If its mixed, your going to be doing alot more math along with any of you that started testing a skill thats has mixed stat equations to determine damage.. good luck on that and do know i will NOT be available on doing your math. I fried my brain writing this.....

anyhow , ... best bet is to make a graph and plot points, connect the dots to visually analyze the slope, and make your comparisons of the two. You can do it. But i highly doubt anyone here will do it for you.

P.S 2)
If anyone wants to look at my work and calculations i did with ice touch and how i noticed the decreasing slope of damage per hit over time, search in the forums for wisdom and focus magic posted by myself. Ill try to find it and add it later. Good luck peeps. happy grinding.

Brought to you by Mr_Business from the Reverse Engineers

+++++++++++++++++++++
UPDATE
+++++++++++++++++++++

Here are some of my old notes

OTHER NOTABLE INFORMATION
=====================

damage to Evil Wizard Afrix increase by 1 every time i raised my wisdom.

Wisdom: 418.915 = 424 magic 676 damage
Wisdom: 419.746 = 425 magic 677 damage
Wisdom: 420.577 = 426 magic 678 damage
Wisdom: 421.996 = 427 magic 679 damage

play close attention to the sets of numbers on the right.

Wisdom: 418.915 = 424 magic 676 damage | 1.594339622641509
Wisdom: 419.746 = 425 magic 677 damage | 1.592941176470588
Wisdom: 420.577 = 426 magic 678 damage | 1.591549295774648
Wisdom: 421.996 = 427 magic 679 damage | 1.59016393442623

+++++++++++++++

ok and were back to the present of this update.
as you can see the set of numbers 1.594 ,1.592, 1.591, 1.590
This numbers are the damage per magic in thos fights. Notice how the number get smaller as I am getting more wisdom. This says that there is a slope, not constant. This is what you must find. I will now revisit my old skills and evil to show the difference after my gain of 561 wisdom.

Wisdom: 561.421 = 566 magic 849 damage | 1.500000000000

as you can see, damage per magic has decrease from being 1.59 Damage per magic (DPM) to 1.5 DPM, almost an entire loss a 10nth dpm. multiple that by the number of magic i have now comes out to 56.6 dpm. This is 56.6 Damage per hit im losing every strike.!!

this might seem too micro, im showing you here that the skills even eminence class skills have threshold for the number of damage you can deal per stat.

***** remember, My calculations are exact because i used a wisdom based skill. this numbers are calculated straight from my stats and DO NOT funcuation per attack such as strength based skill where you will need to take averages.

Last thoughts: If your trying this with a strength based skill, the numbers will seem too micro to consider because you can only rely on an average amount of damage dealt from attack. not a definite number. Hope this help. Let me know what you think. and yes i was bored.

Time Posted: June 1 2010 03:06 pm EDT
Last updated: June 9 2010 01:09 am EDT

Replies:

Add reply:
Subject:
Body: