You can also play Dark Warriors on
Back to post list
Back a step

Lerajie

[+1] [-1]

Subject: My dog died :(
On Wednesday, Toby, our Border Collie, passed away.
I'm not too proud to admit to being damned gutted at losing Toby, and although any owner of these adorable, funny creatures is likely to say such of their pet; he was a good dog, obedient and so affectionate (at the rescue centre where he was from the girls there called him Touch-Me-Toby), cheeky and fun.
The bastards that had him before had not been good carers, but I can honestly say his years with us he knew to be good ones, he was deservedly fussed, loved and spoiled, and he showed his appreciation with his good behaviour and most gentle and friendly nature.
Of all the dogs I know and have known, Toby was by far the softest, most laid back walking rug of the lot.
I am missing him greatly; No more howled greetings home, no more subtle nudges on the leg for a head scratch or getting jumped on when on the sofa for a belly rub, no more having a bowl placed at the feet in a subtle reminder it's time to be fed, no more of those god-awful farts that have you evacuating the room and opening all the windows and doors!

Call me soft/saft if you want, when it comes to animals I always have been. I'll be spreading Toby's ashes in the fields along his usual route on our night walks where I'd let him run free. Seems only right.
Funny how we get so attached to them if you're an animal person, and it hurts so much when their time is up, they do become a part of the family and are more than just a dog. I know I'm not the only one out there who gets this. I hope.

There's no plans on getting another one yet, but it will happen at some point, once you've owned one it just doesn't feel the same without.
The next dog at the centre that gives us that look, that cheeky grin, and chooses me to come home with me, has one hell of a gap to fill, Toby will be a hard act to follow, but there will be no comparison, it'll know a good home and be a part of the family.

But for now... I'm missing Toby, like I miss Prince, George, Connie, Trudy, Guy...

Time Posted: May 20 2011 07:23 pm EDT
Last updated: May 31 2011 08:49 am EDT

Replies:

Add reply:
Subject:
Body: