You can also play Dark Warriors on
Back to post list
Back a step

greypoe

[+1] [-1]

Subject: The Witches Hut- Making Fake Helix and potions.
The witch has been around for 100s of years brewing potions from bones and herbs collected from the forest.
She may look old and tired but don't let that fool you, she has enough energy to brew 1000s of potions a day. Though she is always running out of supplies, so she is always looking for those brave enough to collect what she needs to brew her potions.

What she needs.
Bones Bones Bones....
Bones contain the spirit of the animal which once possessed them and can be crushed and extracted
with the right herbs and catalysts.

Materials used for Alchemy

Ores and minerals from the mines can be used
for making catalysts.

Bones from the forest and dark forest can be collected from each slain creature and stored in the inventory.

Herbs can be collected from a new foraging module or introduced into the forest and dark forest (in place of finding gold)

Alchemical Training Program
Allow a progressive learning program for brewing your own potions to use or trade on the market.

The witch is willing to teach you how to brew your own potions, but you need to help her meet her quota for making her own potions. For her to teach you how to make a new potion you must bring her the right amount of materials and help her brew potions to fill her orders.

-------------------------------------------------
To make a potion you need the following materials

*A Energy source- (helix or false helix)
*A Stone for Enchanting- (Sapphire, or false sapphire)
*A stat altering additive- (like weams bark to modify wisdom)
*A Catalyst for causing the reaction between ingredients- (refined ores, bones, and other materials)

For instance if I wanted to make a low level potion I might need:
1 false helix
1 Wizards mushroom (wisdom)
1 catalyst (with a -1 modifier that will offset the potential harm it could cause, and a +1 modifier to increase the helpful nature of the potion)

This would give me a potion that would temporarily affect my wisdom it would roll a random number between -5 and 5 (-4 to 6 after the catalyst) The temporary change to my wisdom. If I wanted a perminate change to my wisdom I could add a false sapphire to the catalyst.

False helix- this will give the potion its energy, but the false helix can potentially harm your character and catalysts will be needed to lower the potential damage it could do.
(How to make one)
10 Alethite
50 Burelia
5 platinum
The Forge helix skill

False Sapphire- this is used for altering a catalyst in making higher potions that could make a permanent positive or negitive change to your character attributes.
1 False sapphire stone (found in chests in the dark forest)
300 Alethite
2000 Burelia
50 platinum

Forge sapphire skill

(Real helix and sapphire- gives no negative effect)

Herb or special Additive- this will be the main additive that makes the potion alter a certain attribute of a person. (eg. Weams Bark for defense, or Dwarf blood for mining buffs)

Catalyst- Made from bones and possibly other items, this will help stabilize the potion. It can be used as a modifier of the potion to increase or decrease the good and bad effect of the potion. Only certain catalysts can be used with certain herbs, like a wolfs bones would go good with an agility buff.

Agility Catalyst-
15 Wolf bones
15 would get you the basic (-5 to 5)
then 20 more will get you +1 to the roll of 6 to -5 agility roll.
then add...
20 cougar bones it will modify (6 to -4)

No Signature

Time Posted: January 5 2009 01:09 am EST
Last updated: January 22 2009 11:51 pm EST

Replies:

Add reply:
Subject:
Body: