You can also play Dark Warriors on
Back to post list
Back a step

Wolfie

[+1] [-1]

Subject: The story so far...

Chapter One:
A New Beginning

I ran outside. My dad was going crazy. He was trying to kill me, his own twelve year old son, because my birth had killed my mother. He thinks that I’m to blame. I turned around and saw him bash through the front door. I yelled. I didn’t know what to do. I ran away from him, but he was too fast. You would think he was fast. He is champion of the Great Arena. He decided to build his cabin in the middle of the Dark Forest. I didn’t know why, there are nasty, vicious creatures here in the Dark Forest. I don’t know much of my father. He is always so quite, until now. He yelled a bloodlust roar as he swung his blade at my chest. I dodged it, but not completely. The blade sliced my chest, going diagonally down to my stomach. I started bleeding. I ignored the blood. I was good at that because I was used to it. Here in the Dark Forest, blood was usual.
My dad swung his sword again. This time, I dodged it successfully. I wasn’t surprised. Although my dad is usually quite, he trained me to fight. He even taught me beginners’ magic. All I can do, though, is a simple fire ball. Maybe it’s enough. My dad swung his sword again. I moved back, tripping over a small log. I fell and hit my head hard. I felt the blood trickling down my head. My dad raised his sword again. When he swung it down, I yelled, raising out my hand. I imagined fire and a blast of fire came out of my hands. I knew it was an intermediate fire ball, since it was large. I gasped as my dad fell backwards. He was yelling. He had dropped his sword. I tried to get up. I found that I couldn’t. Suddenly, my mind went blank and I saw darkness.

(*) (*) (*)

I awoke in the middle of the forest. I looked around and saw my dad’s scorched dead body. I look at his katana and pick it up. Three years ago, he had said that he used a legendary katana called The Devastator to kill all of his enemies in the Great Arena. I knew that this was that katana. I grabbed his body and walked down a dirt path. I had gone down this path many times, and I knew that it led to a river. When I reached it, I tossed my dad’s dead body into it. It sunk slowly. As it faded in the water, I walked away. My life wasn’t normal. I was part of a bloodline that most people see as a long lost legend. That’s one of the reasons my mom and dad built the cabin in the middle of the Dark Forest. It was because anyone who spotted someone from this legendary bloodline would be captured and killed.
It was obvious to anyone who was part of the bloodline and who wasn’t. People from the bloodline had different colored eyes. For my mom it was green and orange. For me it’s red and grey. My mom married my dad because she saw him as a bold warrior. When she died, he lost his boldness. He grew saddened and quite. That’s when he started torturing me. He made me do manual labor since I was four. He also trained me to fight, in case I ever needed to defend myself. He said it was because he loved me, but I knew it was because he didn’t want to lose his slave.
I didn’t know why he had attacked me. Maybe he realized that he could get money from killing the last monster alive in Eroynia. It might have been because he knew the secret in the legend of my bloodline. The sword used to kill one of us was to become indestructible. Whatever was the reason, it didn’t matter now. My parents were both dead, and I was in a forest, alone. But I wasn’t completely at lost. My dad had also taught me how to make a basic camping fire, and how to cook. He taught me the body structure of each animal and what places to weaken or kill it. He taught me how to disable a person’s body part, by pressing it at specific joints. He taught me all of this and decided it was time to kill me. It didn’t make sense.
I walked inside the cabin. I looked around, searching for answers to my questions. I searched through my dad’s room, and found a small book. I opened it, and realized it was a journal. I flipped though it and found a piece of paper that didn’t belong inside the book. I unfolded it and read it. I gasped. It was a note, from the head guard of Kratos. It said that if he wanted to live, he had to kill his son, me. They somehow found out that the last monster was being sheltered in his cabin. They were coming back in three weeks to check if I was dead. If I wasn’t, they would kill me and my father.
Monster. That’s what they said I was. I blinked. I guess I wasn’t surprised that I was called that. I obviously wasn’t human. A human couldn’t survive what I had been through. A human would have committed suicide if they had no parents and were alone in the middle of the forest. For me, it seemed normal. I searched around for more clues but found none. I went to the kitchen and found a decent amount of bread, nuts, frozen meat and clean water left. I decided it would last me about a month. After a month, I was on my own. I headed outside. I walked around the cabin and found Gupper, my dad’s horse. Or should I say my horse. He was looking healthy and he jumped when he saw me. I looked around and saw no food. I had to get him some hay somehow.
I walked inside the cabin and took some of the frozen meat and cooked it on my range. It cooked after about half-an-hour and I fed it to the horse. He would have to meat, and I would have everything else. I would have to hunt to get him some more meat when this ran out. I sighed. My dad had always been a lunatic, but this time he had gone insane. I was done. I saw no way for me to stay alive. If I headed towards the city, I would have guards chasing me until they killed me. The chances of me finding someone to care for me in the city were slim. I would have to stay in the Dark Forest until I was strong enough to defeat some guards, or scare them away. Again, I sighed. I walked up to my dad’s old room and I slumped on his bed. Then, I fell asleep.

Two years later…

Somehow, I was still alive, and healthy. So was Gupper. I turned fourteen today, if that mattered
anymore. I had found a recent raise in deer population and a decrease in bear population, so the forest
was beginning to seem like a perfect home. The few bears I ever found were easy to kill, and their skin made for good clothing. The increase in deer made it even more possible for me and Gupper to stay alive. All of the bread and nuts were finished. Gupper and I were now living on meat and water. Rummaging around the house helped me find a filter that cleaned dirty water. I used it to clean the dirty river water.
Life in the forest was boring now. I ran around the forest a few times, burning the fat from the meat I finished daily, so I stayed thin. Sometimes I would also take Gupper for a run, making sure he stayed away from being lazy and fat. Whenever someone saw me, they ran towards the city. Given no choice, I had to kill them. I had carved a bow and some arrows from some trees nearby, making a good ranged weapon, so I wouldn’t have to worry about someone who was too fast on their feet. There was an incident when someone spotted me and didn’t run. He just glanced and continued his walk. I saw him a few times, and I didn’t bother killing him. His eyes told me not to kill him. One of his eyes were blue, the other was yellow.
He may have been a very long distance cousin, since my ancestors had traveled from area to
area. They had kids in almost every part of Eroynia, so it was easy to meet another family member that
you have never seen before. We didn’t talk, we just stared at each other when he passed by. There was
another person who didn’t run when he saw me. He was a hunter, with a small pistol in its hoister on his
waist. There was an incident when he stopped walking and turned around, but I didn’t suppose it was any threat. I walked home, tired from swimming in the river. When I got home, I stripped myself naked and put my wet clothes outside, on a small carved table. I put on some clean dry clothes. I headed back outside. I ran my finger through my scar that I got from The Devastator. It healed after about two months. It felt as if it never happened, except the bump that it made.
I walk over to the path. The boy from my bloodline was there. He wasn’t walking though. He was lying on a tree truck. He glanced at me. He went to stand up, but I couldn’t let him. I couldn’t let him walk away from me anymore. I grabbed my bow and took an arrow from my bear skin quiver. I shot it at him, not to kill him, but to nail part of his clothing to the trunk. It caught his clothing perfectly. I ran up to him, The Devastator in my hand.
He didn’t seem to fight. He grabbed the arrow from his clothes and removed it. It didn’t hit him. It hit a spot on his clothing that was loose, not hurting him. When he removed it, he stood up. He didn’t run, nor walk away; instead, he walked slowly towards me. I hesitated. He didn’t. He continued walking until we were about ten feet away. Then I heard his voice.
“Hello. I know we haven’t met before, but just saw each other. I thought that if we talked, we could help each other. I figured, you were clueless about our bloodline, and don’t know the powers we are capable of. My name is Aaron. My father was the person from our bloodline, but a bear killed him. My father wasn’t the type like me. I am a fighter from our bloodline, he was an architect. He built the clock tower and all of the shops. What’s your name?” he asked. His voice was smooth, and he didn’t hesitate. It was as if he wasn’t surprised that he wasn’t the only one in our bloodline alive. I was.
“My name is Ulric. I am clueless about our bloodline, but I see you aren’t. My mother was part of our bloodline, but she died when I was born. My father was killed by me. He tried to kill him, and I accidently killed him. I didn’t mean to, but fire came out of my hands and burned him to death. I guess I am also a fighter, since I fight pretty well and I’ve been alone in this forest for two years now.” I paused. I had so many questions. Maybe he was the answer to them. Then he laughed.
“No, I am not clueless. My dad told me everything about our bloodline, including why we are supposed to be killed on sight. Sorry about your parents. My mom is alive, but I ran away from her. She wanted me to do something I didn’t want to do, so I ran. I don’t regret it. She was annoying. If you want to know more about our bloodline I shouldn’t speak about it in the middle of a frequently walked path. If anybody catches us, we will surely be killed. Where do you live?” he asked.
“I will show you,” I said. I walked down the Dark Forest until we reached my cabin. I looked at him and he seemed shocked, but not in a good way. I looked at him, puzzled. He laughed and walked towards the entrance. “No. I have not granted you permission to enter my house,” I said. He laughed again.
“My apologies, I hope I didn’t offend you. May I enter your palace?” He asked, sarcastically. I laughed. I hadn’t laughed in a long time, but I did laugh a few times. I laughed whenever my dad tripped, or lost a battle in the Great Arena. Not once, though, had I laughed to a joke.
“Okay, fine. You can enter my cabin whenever you wish, but don’t make yourself at home. I barely kill enough for me and my horse.”
“You have a horse, too? Wow, you didn’t do as bad than I thought, judging from the cabin, though. Well, I thought you would have a nice, big house with painted walls.” Then he glanced at my sword. “Is that The Devastator? Yes, it is! How did the likes of you get that legendary sword?” he asked. Then, he gasped. He looked up at me. “Your dad was Tyson, champion of the Great Arena? You, you killed Tyson? Are you really that powerful?”
“Yes, you are right, my father was Tyson, and I guess I am stronger than him, and yes, I killed the most respected man in Eroynia,” I said. He knew everything. He knew everything from as obvious as my father to the rare knowledge of our bloodline. I looked at him. “Why is our bloodline wanted to be killed?” I asked, as serious as I could. He looked at me, also serious.
“It started when Lador, one of the people in our bloodline, had killed an innocent person. He was an evil, wicked man, and he felt bored, so he took his sword, called Death, and killed the nearest man he saw. He was killed immediately by Head Guard of Kratos and burned to shreds. When he died, though, his sword slowly faded into thin air. Many believe that the sword simply vanished, never to be seen or wielded again. Others believe that the sword teleported itself to a dark cave, yet to be explored by any traveler. Personally, I believe that it teleported itself into a cave. Matter cannot be destroyed nor created, so it had to be teleported. Anyways, after that incident, the Head Guard, named Kalleb, had claimed that the man killed was his son, and that Lador had deployed a plan and all of our bloodline was involved. The plan was to kill all of the people belonging to Kratos, and burn all of the building, making a new city ruled by people of our bloodline. Everyone believed him, and a wanted poster went up for every person with unmatched eyes to be brought to Kalleb to be executed. Almost all of the people in our bloodline were killed.
“Only few were spared, like my father, and some women. My father was spared because he built most of Kratos. The women were spared because people felt that they would have good kids, instead of evil ones, until the day a kid named Falster turned fourteen. He ran up to the queen herself and killed her. He had stuck a sword through her neck because she called him a meaningless monster. When he was captured and ready to be executed, his mother grabbed a steak knife and threw it at the king’s brother. His brother died and she was also killed.
“That’s when Kalleb put up another wanted poster. Anyone, exception of my dad, with unmatched eyes was to be killed. When my dad had me, though, people questioned him. When I turned eleven, shop owners had a sword prepared when I walked in, in case I was going to raid the shop. After awhile, people got used to me, and didn’t raise a sword whenever I walked into the shop. Once my father died, though, people thought I would go mad and kill everyone. They had guards follow me until I reached my house, and guarded every window and the entrance. Then, my mother told me to give myself as a sacrifice for peace at Kratos. I didn’t like the idea, and I ran away, exiting Kratos. The last image I saw was my mom’s crying face as I exited through the city gates.” He finished.
“Since you left, they probably thought that they should kill all that they see, since they wouldn’t know the outcome of you purity or corruptness,” I realized. He nodded. Things made sense now. I knew why everyone hated us, and I also knew what we should do.
“Prove ourselves innocent,” I said. There was a long silence. We just stared at each other and nodded. The only problem was trying to figure out how to prove ourselves innocent. That would mean getting someone to see us do something good, which would also mean getting ourselves exposed. I would have to make sure no one killed me while I tried to prove my innocence. I would need to find out if anyone could help me learn new spells while I trained. Being able to control different spells would raise my ability to survive.
“Look, I’ve got to go. I really do wish I could stay, but I have things to do. I’ll see you later, or tomorrow. Bye,” Aaron said. I waved and he jumped up. He grabbed a tree branch and went tree hopping. I walked outside towards the back of the cabin to greet Gupper. He let out a huge sigh and looked at me. He looked sad. I walked around the house, towards the front entrance. He must’ve been hungry, since he usually never sighed. I reached my hand to open the door and a huge arrow flew full speed and broke the handle. I pulled my hand back quickly and looked around. I saw the hunter perched on a tree with a bow in his hands. I held out my hand and blasted a fire ball at him. He jumped off the tree and dodged it. Suddenly, he vanished. I felt a knife around my neck.
“You’re part of the bloodline,” he said. He knew what I was, which meant my life would end now. “I can help you,” he suddenly said. I was shocked and confused. “All I ask is that you come with me, to my house. It’s not too far from here, not at all actually. What do you say?” he asked. I didn’t know what to say. I knew that if I said no, he would probably kill me, and that if I said yes, I probably wouldn’t be able to prove myself innocent. Either way, I wouldn’t be able to prove myself innocent.
` “I’ll go, but I am bringing my horse.” I said, trying not to act afraid. He let go of me. I went inside my house and grabbed The Devastator and some clothes. For some reason, I was really calm, as if this was all supposed to happen. I went upstairs and grabbed all of the bags of gold that my father had in his stash. About five million gold in total. I stuff them in a leather bag and grabbed my dad’s gold watch. I put it on and sighed. This would probably be the last time my life would ever be normal, or at least, this normal. I turned towards the exit and heard something; swords, clattering together. I ran outside to see the hunter having a sword battle with two guys; the other four were heading towards me. The last one was on a horse, shouting orders. He must have been Kalleb.
“Get the boy, and bring him to me. We shall have a public execution! As for the man, kill him!” Kalleb shouted. One of the guards grabbed my shirt and picked me up with ease. I forced my palm at him and thought of fire. Fire shot out of my hand and scorched him. The other three guards stood there in shock, then rushed at me. I grabbed The Devastator and swung it at one of guards. It struck his chest swiftly and he died. I thought of fire and the sword ignited. I didn’t know how I had done that, but I couldn’t stop to think about it, not right now. I swung the sword at the guards and a wave of fire came out of the sword and burned the guards. I looked at the Hunter and saw that he had defended himself perfectly. The guards he had been fighting were dead, lying on top of each other.
“Right, of course, you know magic. Well guess what boy? I do too.” Kalleb said. The Hunter grabbed his bow and pulled an arrow from his quiver. Kalleb did some sort of Force Push at the Hunter, and the Hunter fell back. I couldn’t worry about him at the moment. I swung my sword at the guard and another wave of fire came at him. He opened his palm and a Force Field repelled the fire. I tried to think of what else I could do. Magic, magic was I would be able to do. Melee was a death wish. I only knew fire though, but my father had a spell book in his stash. I ran inside the house and grabbed the spell book. I ran back outside to see Kalleb holding a knife to the Hunter’s neck.
“Surrender, monster, or you’ll witness this man’s death,” Kalleb said. I had to save the Hunter, but also save myself. I read through the spell book and saw a spell that made all surrounding people fall unconscious for ten minutes. It was called Sleep.
“This’ll prove that I’m not a monster. Sleep!” I yelled, holding one hand at Kalleb.
“Cancel!” He yelled back. The spell seemed to lose its power. He knew how to cancel spells. I couldn’t think of anything else. I had to save myself and forget the Hunter. I grabbed The Devastator and lunged myself at Kalleb. He pushed the Hunter to the ground and did Force Push again. I fell back and went numb. It was over for me. Kalleb walk over to my body and tied my feet together, then my hands. I tried to struggle but my body wouldn’t move.
“This is what you monsters deserve. Trust me, if you really are good, then you should be happy to die,” Kalleb said. Then, a miracle happened. Aaron swung down from a tree and kicked Kalleb in the face. He grabbed Kalleb by the shirt and stabbed a dagger through his heart. Kalleb yelled out a sharp cry and slumped to the floor, dead. Aaron untied me and used a healing spell on me.
“What were you thinking, lunging yourself at him. That’s the worst thing to do, especially if it’s one of the Elite guards. Your just lucky Kalleb didn’t pay much attention to his surroundings. He won’t be bothering you anymore,” Aaron said. I was relieved to see him. He saved my life.
“Thanks, for saving me. One day, I hope that we’ll get even,” I said. Aaron grunted.
“Is that what you want, to get even? No! You have made many mistakes, and hopefully you’ll make many more. You always learn from your mistakes. We should get going. Once they noticed Kalleb hasn’t returned, the Elite guards will send hundreds, maybe even thousands or guards to kill us. They might even come,” Aaron sighed. He didn’t look at the best of moods, and he looked as if he’d been ambushed by bandits.
“Look, Aaron. I already know where I’m going. I’m going with a hunter, to his house to live there. I don’t know if he’ll let you come, but I surely doubt it. As a matter of fact, there he is now,” I said, pointing behind Aaron. The Hunter walked up to us with a puzzled look on his face. I told him about how I had met Aaron on the local path.
“Ulric, I also have a place to live in, if you want to stay with me, so we can prove ourselves innocent, like planned,” Aaron said. The Hunter shook his head.
“You are mistaken, young boy. He is going with me, where I’ll train him so he can be strong. Staying alive is more important than proving your innocence. Besides, do you really think you will be trusted after you’ve killed the Head Guard of Kratos? Once they find him, you’ll surely die. I don’t have enough room for both of you, but I can take one of you. I found Ulric first, so I’m taking him. When the guards come to kill him, he’ll be ready,” The Hunter said.
“Be ready? How can someone be able to kill thousands of guards, including Elite guards?” Aaron asked. “It’s up to you to decide, Ulric.” They were both risky. If I joined the Hunter, he would train me to be strong enough to defend myself, but Aaron would try to prove his innocence by himself, and surely get himself killed. On the other hand, if I went with Aaron, I would be incredibly weak but actually be able to prove our innocence and stay alive.
“Look, guys, I know I need to prove my innocence and get stronger, but me staying alive and strong is most important. I need to go with the Hunter, Aaron. I’m sorry, but maybe we’ll still be able to prove our innocence after I’m a little bit stronger. Sorry, but I’m going with the Hunter,” I said. The Hunter smiled.
“Ok, well, we should go now. We have to leave, or we might get killed before we can train you. Get on your horse and we’ll leave,” He said. Gupper! I had forgotten all about him. At this moment, I didn’t even know if the guards had killed him or not. I ran to the back of the house and got relieved when I saw Gupper still standing tall and strong. I untied the rope tying him to the stables and got on his back. We moved to the Hunter and I saw him sitting on Kalleb’s horse. I didn’t question him. Aaron was gone. He was probably mad.
“Let’s go,” I said. The horses galloped down a path in the forest that I had never seen. We reached a large, white house. I got off of my horse and saw the Hunter get off of his. He grabbed the horses and tied them to a stable nearby. I walked towards the Hunter,
“How long have you lived here?” I asked. The Hunter sighed and then laughed.
“I have lived here all my life, yet no one has ever seen a member of my family. No one can see this place. It’s impossible,” he said. I thought about that for a moment. Anyone should be able to pass by and see this place.
“Why?” I asked. He laughed again.
“Let’s just say, this place is undetectable. End of story,” he said.
“But-“
“I said end of story!” he snapped. I sighed. His mood had changed so fast.
“Sorry, there’s just some stuff that need to be kept secret. No one should utter a word. Look, go inside and fix yourself something to eat. I’ll go to the market place and grab more horse food,” he said, walking down the path. I sighed and walked inside the house and looked around. He had the whole house painted white.
I walked upstairs. There was a long hallway that split into two bed rooms. I walked into one and saw that it was all empty, except for a bed, wardrobe, and a mirror attached to the wall. This must’ve been my room. I walked towards the other room and saw loads of stuff around the place; a bed, a few wardrobes, and other stuff that I never knew about. I walked back into my room and set my bag down on the bed. I opened the bag and put my clothes in the wardrobe. I grabbed the spell book and laid on the bed. I flipped it open to the beginning and started reading the book. It had loads of spells in it, Ice shards, conjuring food, conjuring water, making shadows demons, and others. I flipped all the way to the back and saw a spell that read “A life for a life”. I read its description. I gasped. It said that if I wanted to kill something that was frustrating or hard to kill, I could read use this spell to kill it, but to kill me also.
I heard footsteps in the house. I looked at my door and saw the Hunter standing there. He had a grin on his face.
“Study that today, for tomorrow we train. As for today, we rest up,” he said. After all this time, I had yet to know his name.
“Hey, what’s your name?” I asked. The Hunter stared at me with disbelief.
“I’ve been waiting for you to ask that. My name is Jacob, and I believe yours is Ulric. Like I said, read that and try using it against me tomorrow, I have a surprise for you once you master that book. Good luck and good night,” he said leaving. For a kidnapper, he was kind of nice. I read through the spell book and set it down. I had so many spells to learn, so many questions to ask and so many guesses as to what that surprise could be. Maybe I could search for a mind reading spell and try to find out. I dropped down on my bed, closed my eyes, and forced myself to sleep.

Chapter Two:

I awoke from my dreamless sleep and walked changed my clothes. I walked towards Jacob’s room and saw that he was still asleep. I walked outside and tried to remember a few spells from the book. I thought of the power to shoot ice shards. I opened my hand and forced it in front of me. Three ice shards shot out of my palm and hit a tree. The tips were sharp and strong, but not strong enough. This spell would be useful for taking out an enemy, but not killing him.
Next, I tried to upgrade that spell a little. Still thinking of ice shards, I thought of the ice shards splitting in to smaller ice shards in the middle of the air. I shot my hand out in front of me and concentrated. The ice shards came out as usual, but shattered into many small pieces in the middle of the air. It seemed I had to work on that. I tried it again, but the results were the same. Finally, I gave up and tried a different spell; a spell that had to do with nature.
I thought of the roots in the ground and thought of it grabbing something from underneath. I focused on a bush and concentrated. Roots came out of the ground and started whipping everywhere. This spell was different. In this spell, I would have to concentrate on the start of the spell, and maintain the power at a steady pace. I tried it again, on the same bush. The roots came out and grabbed the bush, as planned. Still focusing on the roots and the bush, I focused my power on opening the ground, pulling the bush underground. I tried to close it when a sudden inner pain hit my chest.
It was stress, or being overwhelmed. I forgot about the bush and roots and focused on closing the ground. The pain shortened, but didn’t go away. I grabbed my chest in pain and walked towards the house. I needed to find a healing spell. The hunter opened the front door and smiled.
“Good job, I saw the whole thing, but you won’t be able to heal that pain. You will find a healing spell, but using it will only give you more pain. That pain won’t go away unless you take a break from magic for about half-an-hour. So rest up and the pain will go away. As for me, I’ll be back,” he said. He turned around and walked down the same path he had gone before. He said to rest. I didn’t. I felt as though I should try to overcome this pain. I ran off into the forest to search for some travelers. I found a giant snake instead. Actually, it found me.
The snake jumped at me from a tree. I raised my arm to guard my face. The snake bit my arm and sunk its teeth in deeply. The pain was so intense, that I had to cover my mouth to stop myself from screaming my lungs out. I ripped the snake’s mouth from my arm. It hissed and shot itself at me again. This time, I jumped backwards. I got startled when I saw it then. The snake had its body extended about twenty feet from a tree, and its tail was still not visible. I gasped. I chimney jumped between two trees, reaching the top of the right one. I jumped from tree to tree, trying to run from the snake. That’s when I realized the snake was poisonous. The poison affected my vision first. My vision went blurry and I could only see grey fuzz as each tree trunk.
Then, it affected my nervous system. My body went numb and I lost my balance for each tree I stepped on. I had to be cautious on going too fast and falling off trees. Then, the worst of all things happened; pain. The pain hit my wounded arm first. Then, it spread through, towards my shoulder. It reached my neck and my chest and went up and down. My head was throbbing and my heart was pounding. It reached my other arm and my waist. It spread down towards my knees and finished at my toes. I snuck a quick glance behind me. I wished I hadn’t. The snake was bursting through trees, smashing through the tree trunks as if they were paper. I turned my head back in front of me. I saw something I didn’t want to see. The seventh tree in front of me had no branch on my side. I couldn’t be able to make that jump. Now it was six trees away. I would have to outsmart the snack somehow. Five trees away. I would have to jump and hang on to the branch after the tree. Four trees away. That was my only solution. Three trees away. I snuck another peak behind me and saw the snake was even closer than before, breaking the trees it smashed through like glass.
I turned around and saw the tree two trees away. I had a better plan. The tree with the missing branch was next. I did my second plan. I twisted my body one hundred eighty degrees and faced the snake in mid-air. I grabbed the branch that I was just on. The giant snake bashed through the tree I was standing on and fell towards the ground. My tree fell along with it. My tree crashed against the tree with the missing branch. The impact made my branch snap and made me fall. I grabbed a vine attached to a tree and held on for my life. I looked down and saw the giant snake circling below me. I tried climbing the vine. I heard a small snap. I looked above me and saw that the vine was breaking. My heart skipped a beat. I heard another snap and saw the last small stringy piece of vine holding me. I looked at the snake below me and concentrated on it, thinking of roots. Roots burst from the ground and grabbed the snake. I focused on opening the ground. I felt the pain from the poison get bigger. It was followed by the pain form the magic. I yelled my heart out from the scream, but somehow kept myself concentrated on opening the ground below me. With a last quiet snap, the vine broke, and I plummeted towards the emptiness below me.

(*) (*) (*)

No Signature

Time Posted: September 9 2010 10:05 pm EDT
Last updated: September 9 2010 10:05 pm EDT

Add reply:
Subject:
Body: