You can also play Dark Warriors on
Back to post list
Back a step

likitor

[+1] [-1]

Subject: Very
neat reply, very well put, but still quite contradictory to me and like a sieve it's not holding much water.
According to what you're saying(to my understanding) God cannot be held accountable for what he has created, nor can we hold him accountable or put him on trial so to speak. In any case, HE has nowt to worry cos like OJ Simpson, HE also has a good defense team behind HIM, with people like your good self prepared to defend his corner.It's no wonder that he will not step up to the plate as there are so many of you who have taken upon yourselves to do his work and for some, actually stepping in his sandals!! So He can actually kick off his sandals, eat grapes, sip wine to the tune of angels playing the harp...hmm sounds like heaven right??!! But may I just bring you back down to earth for a bit?
Religion is what exactly?? Blind faith, right??
Now if we are to go by written text, will that be the old or new Testament, the Missal and to which branch of Christianity...the Roman Catholic, the Methodist, Adventist(to name a few) and there are so many others. It seems that every1 has a sect to suit them.
And how true are the texts, there must some lost in translation and in transition or otherwise redefined to suit . If we take for example , what's being taught to date in schools that Christopher Columbus discovered America...WRONG!!(but we'll leave that for a different topic) then we are truly buggered!!
As far as God given us free will...well back in the days, it wasn't so..most lived in fear of him(most do now) it's only in the latter days that that the free will has come into play to modernized the concept. As you know you have to go with the times! It will seem that God has given us more free will that we actually have in REAL life as we are constantly being told of what we can and cannot do and how to do it!!
Let's see God spoke to Noah to make the Ark, spoke to Moses about the ten commandments, turned his staff in a snake and even parted the red sea to free his (Moses) people. What has he done in modern times HE gave us DR PHIL and 1 GEORGE.W.BUSH(i've yet to decide who is more retarded, the ex president or the people who gave him office for a 2nd term) And as far as failing us..well yes he has, it's not just about making the right or wrong choices..for example what did the African nation do, did they make the mistake of being BLACK...huh?? Or how about the native Americans or the Incas? Were they not also his creation/subjects? What were their mistakes...maybe using animals in their names i.e Sitting Bull which in the end made them into sitting ducks!!
Now your bit on Christ being sacrificed and salvation...i'm sorry but that's a lot of MUMBO JUMBO man. 1st he made the Virgin Mary, the 1st surrogate mother in history, gave birth to Jesus HIS son, who he has sent on a suicide mission(sacrifice) to "save us from our sins" as it was once quoted! Now you tell me what good has that done and what can we or have we learnt from it? Christmas isn't known for rejoicing the birth of Christ but more for some fat dude with white hair and beard who wears a red suit, travels by reindeers, had the privilege of being re-invented(make-over) by COCA-COLA.His name is an anagram of SATAN. ironic??
Who were the people to have crucified Christ? The Romans, how fitting that the Headquarters of Christianity should be in the Vatican.ironic??
And as for the 2nd coming, now will be a very good time, God himself could make an appearance and put any doubts to rest ..hell 3.5 billion people tuned in to watch the last olympics, so i'm sure he will get the whole world's attention. CNN will probably have the rights to it though and FOX will probably make a tv serial. That if HE doesn't get snatched and get taken to AREA 51!!!!!!!Such is the mentality of our race that we feel we have to control everything and i doubt that GOD will be an exception.
Note that i've brought everything back to what is happening around us(REALITY)..cos i feel this is where it really matters.And because we feel that we cannot fight the power(the real problem) as they have us cornered in a very BIG BROTHER way, we turn to religion to which no1 has any real answers.Now although i do not agree with the whole religious concept, it doesn't mean that i don't understand as to why people have faith in it. Belief is everything or else it will seem that there is no hope. And i also understand as to why this whole belief system cannot be seen to have a shadow of a doubt, as it will leave us with a world more chaotic than it already is.I have read the Bible, the Gita(hindu scriptures) and some of the qu'ran. so i'm willing to discuss any of those too. you just so happen to have mention the bible. I've been to Church, Temples, Mosques,and even to a Pagoda not in search of God but to understand what my fellow counterparts believe in and share their cultures.
As for when we leave earth, we will deal with that when we get to it, the same way we have when we entered this world.

This post was not meant in any way, shape or form tried to disrespect. to insult or to be blasphemous. so if you are to reply to it please DO NOT accuse me of being any of the above. It is just an account of my views, observations and experience.

Time Posted: March 28 2009 02:00 pm EDT
Last updated: April 23 2009 10:06 am EDT

Replies:

Add reply:
Subject:
Body: